Monday, March 20, 2006

Arabian Sea & its Crows


The Arabian Sea might be warmer than a cup of chai. In Febuary I was in Kerala and had the pleasure of dipping my body into the Arabian Sea. Swimming in the sea or just a walk on the beach rejuvenates the soul. For me it is always a rebirth, just to see the sea.

This beach in the town of Allepey was remarkable. The famous keralan backwaters literally ran all the way to the ocean. Sometimes with my back to the sea I could still see water. For three days I woke up at dawn, walked to the beach and swam as the sun ever so gently greeted the day, "namaskarum."

At six in the morning there were people on the beach going for morning walks and even more importantly, fisherman shitting. The sea is the best place to get rid of that waste. The sea is nature's toilet.

I didn't see one seagull during my three days at the beach.

Only crows. Black crows were the dominant bird at this beach.

Love to all.