Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Ben vs. the ibex






In the misty mountain mornings, I would wake up from a frigid night of sleep, step out of my tent and see a huge herd of ibex lazily munching on a breakfast of grass around the high altitude meadow I was camping on. It was a beautiful sight to see and I found myself super jealous that I had to heat up a stove and start cooking. Hmm, why can't i just munch on grass too?

There was a wide stream that seperated the meadow in Tabovan from a view of the glacier. Nick and I needed to scope our route over the glacier and one day we hiked to the other side of the stream, using a rickety made log bridge to make the stream crossing. On the way back I decided to kick the flip flops and attempt to launch my body from one side to another. The day before I had captured an ibex in mid spring.

Whose got better style and form? You be the judge?

Love to all...