Thursday, March 30, 2006

Pasted Posters






After a long day walking around a neighborhood, talking to people and shooting photos, I always retreat home, get some rythyms going and take a long look at the images of the day. With so many distractions on the streets of India, rarely do I have the time to check each and every variable within the frame. Sometimes my images are out of focus, sometimes they are over or underexposed, maybe the light on my subject is just plain wrong. But one facet of a photo is that there is always some type of background.

India is plastered with posters. Whether it is the local swami coming to town for a teaching, an image of a politician hoping for a vote or a marvelous film advertisement, the colors and vibrant designs of these masterpieces are stunning. Looking back on some images that I had taken these many months, I noticed some marvelous backgrounds. In some of these photos I knew what was going on in the back of the image while I was shooting. But in others, it wasn't until I took a closer look...

Love to all.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

send the bobby poster to bobby.
love,
dad

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home