Monday, May 14, 2007

gracias a mi madre....

...sin fotografia....

i have no photographs of my journeys. and i have no writings of my caminos, my paths and trails. as dubbles and i were walking along the pacifico here in Lima, only hours earlier on this here mother's day. both of us, without mommas. listening to the rocks roll and hug eachother with each receding wave, listening to the cars on the carreterra pass and pondering with a smile our past two weeks here in peru, only hours before our flight to yonder lands.

two gleaming knives later, a pistol, three men looking to rill goods on this here el dia de los madres, i find myself without a camera, my photos, without a passport...

gracis a dios, i am still granted my life and my breath. i am without my things but i got everything and all that life has given and taken from me...

love and health and safe living...

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Ben,

That's scary, and a real bummer, but I'm glad to hear you're alright.

Much Love,
John

9:03 PM  
Blogger Lis said...

benny,
i'm so sorry to hear about your robbery. thank goodness you guys are all right! be safe and healthy.
a

11:07 PM  
Blogger Rosha said...

Ben,
I take a sigh of relief that you're ok, but am so sorry to read about this. How scary. And so much worse than the man in Vietnam who tried to fly away through the window...

Get yourself a new camera, even a disposable one or two.

Stay safe.
Rosha

5:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home