Sunday, January 27, 2008

incubated then flew...


this past tuesday i may have been incubated with a fierce flu, courtesy of a dear friend of mine who will name nameless. i still got heaps of love for him, but alas, after a few days of incubating in my body i woke up friday morning, darn depleted, with a fever, the quick chills and quicker sweats and the determination to make this weekend, the starting line to my health. everything was put on the back burner and i spent my days with my five new best friends- my couch, my water bottle, tylenol, a blanket and a box of kleenex. we all know what it is like, hurt up, hemmed up, a red runny nose as sore as anything. "piss it out," is what my mom used to say. and it's true, although a family friend put it this way, "force fluids. force fluids." different words, same meaning. here's a secret for a rough nose, tired of tissues, slap on heaps of petroleum jelly before bed, by morning the nose will be as soft as a baby's bottom. grape jelly or strawberry jam i can't make that same promise, but vaseline, it does a nose right.

here's my shadow and young lady leaving her home at sunrise in argentina. spring '07.

love and health to all...

1 Comments:

Blogger Sally Mullikin said...

hope you're feeling better, ben! did you get the camera i gave caleb to give you?
xoxo,
sally

4:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home