Tuesday, February 12, 2008

dusty delhi





I arrived in New Delhi yesterday and spent my first day here resting up, and lagging, trying to catch up with my jet. Did a lot of reading and saw my dear friend Asif, who is a lawyer here in Delhi and is getting married in March, to a young lady he's never met before... I also found myself turning page after page of Barack Obama's autobiography, he wrote after law school- Dreams from my Father. Which is really a beautiful and honest book.

Today, I went outside into dusty delhi with my camera for the first time. A short little walk, full of smiling Indian boys and men, a young beggar who told me he was two years old, no way I replied, you gotta be at least six. Bicyclers cruising dangerous roads, dogs parking where they shouldn't, young guys working, trying and doing a good job of pounding dust out of freshly sewed mattresses and of course, a goat scuffing up someone's poor car.

It's a friendly reminder that this world continues to be diverse in a thousand and one ways.

love and health to all...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

dusty delhi. you got it.

1:38 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Glad to see you made it there safely, we all await the documentation of the trip.

5:25 AM  
Blogger Lis said...

yay benny b! enjoy your dusty travels :)

10:36 AM  
Blogger Rosha said...

Good to know you're safe, and that delhi hasn't lost it's charm. looking forward to more photos.

7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home