Friday, February 08, 2008

sochet it to 'em...


As I was preparing for my journey this week, a dear friend of mine passed away suddenly on Monday. Neighbors from the get go, my man Marvin was a solid friend to me, my family and my brothers from late 1980 on...

Marv bought my brother Sam a Playboy magazine as a birthday present when he was 12 yrs old or so. It was a present much loved for many years. Marv introduced me to the carrot dog at Mike's Papaya, back circa 1997. A bun with a whole carrot in it, kraut and mustard. My pops spent a summer scaring pigeons off our balcony with a string attached to a dancing Rabbi that Marv gave us as a present. That Rabbi brought heaps of laughter to our home, but not to the pigeons. Truth be told, my momma and my brother are showing Marv the ropes, Bienvenidos... Namaste... How about this place!

Tomorrow I am going to India to work on a couple documentary photography projects I've had implanted up in the back of my mind for some time. Since I was a young little Benny, my friend Marvin taught and reinforced that it's all good to just do what feels right, no matter what peoples round the world may think. And truth is, a thought like that is crazy important to take in and simmer on...

With that the boat glides on, with a smidgen of help from the tides, the moon, the oxygen that sustains all of us fams, sweet fresh mint growing in the dirt.

Keep an eye on the Lenz, as thoughts of life pass by on the shores of the world, and with sandals on the dust will certainly rest between my toes.

love and health to all...